Reports to: Director of Business Operations
Thomas Plastics, inc., a family-owned plastics manufacturer located in Fort Worth, TX, is needing a qualified individual to join their team as a Compliance Specialist.
In partnership with the Director of Business Operations, the Compliance Specialist shall:
- Develop, coordinate, and provide consultation and technical expertise on safety matters, to include formulating and directing policies, procedures, and industry best practices to provide safe food packaging, as well as a safe work environment
- Maintain all program and plan documents ensuring accessibility to management, employees, regulatory agencies, and third-party auditors as deemed necessary
- Ensure that organization complies with applicable industry specifications, standards, regulations, and laws
- Conduct periodic reviews of all process records, in accordance with established standards and regulations, to verify conformance with adopted standards, and compliance with applicable regulations
- Interact with training department to ensure annual/periodic refresher training—OSHA, SQF, and DOT—are completed and documented
- Create and implement compliance objectives and performance measures
- Participate in continuous improvement projects, based on operational objectives and performance measures, with cross functional teams
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Food Safety duties include
- Fulfill requirements of substitute SQF practitioner
- Develop, maintain, update, and implement policies and procedures related to current SQF Code
- Assist in preparation for SQF recertification audits
- Implement, lead, and direct communications and activities in supporting organization’s food safety culture
- Take appropriate action to ensure integrity of SQF program
Occupational Safety & Health duties include
- Oversee an effective safety and health program to protect employees, equipment, and facility
- Monitor applicable OSHA requirements and address accordingly
- Assess the readiness of OSHA inspections
- Evaluate safety hazards with in the facility based on risk and employee exposure
- Develop safety procedures for all departments and monitor compliance
- Duties performed during the day in an office and manufacturing environment
- Flexibility to off-shift for training and/or safety meetings; may be subject to long hours, and overtime
- Occasional standing, walking, and ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee’s exposure to near moving mechanical parts and hazardous chemicals is expected
- Given the elevated noise level occasionally experienced by the employee, the wearing of ear protection (i.e., earplugs) is provided and required
Education and Experience:
- Two to Four years of relevant education and/or experience in food safety and occupational safety & health disciplines is highly desired.
- Thomas Plastics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.