Production | Reports to Production Supervisor
- Full time position with benefits
- Hiring for 2nd (1600hrs. to 2400hrs.)and 3rd (0000hrs. to 0800hrs.) shifts
- Shift differentials for 2nd and 3rd
- Climate-controlled Environment
The Process Technician is responsible for operating a given number of extrusion blow molding machines (including in-line and ancillary equipment), and makes necessary adjustments or minor repairs to ensure production of containers is made in a safe, efficient and high-quality manner with minimal disruptions.
The primary duties of a Process Technician include:
- Understand, follow and enforce all established workplace safety and health rules, quality GMPs, and SQF requirements
- Understand, follow and enforce all Company policies, procedures and recognized practices
- Start up and shut down production lines as needed; assist in mold, neck, and color changes as needed; monitor processing conditions while production lines are running
- Operate various production machines (i.e., extrusion blow mold) and ancillary equipment (e.g., flame treaters, leak detectors, sleeve machines, case sealer, grinders, etc.)
- Ensure proper operation of machines and equipment to improve machine efficiency and reduce scape; perform minor maintenance
- Monitor HDPE/PP resin and color systems (if applicable)for appropriate processing conditions
- Ensure proper sleeves, boxes, and materials are used for individual production lines running—verify by part numbers
- Conduct quality inspections for each line while running; check samples for conformance to individual product specifications and quality standards
- Respond to problems on production lines while running making proper adjustments to machines as needed
- Notify production supervisor when repairs and maintenance are required
- Re-start machines after maintenance is completed following LOCK-OUT/TAG-OUT procedures
- Complete paperwork documenting unplanned machine downtime, or other disruption including: specific problem incurred, root cause(s), and corrective actions (solutions)
- Record production and quality data. Close out production run using daily production report template
- Keep work area clean and free of debris
- Assist with training other process technicians on various aspects of the job
- Provide relief for breaks and lunches, as needed
- Perform other related duties and special projects, as requested
Candidates for this position shall have a high school diploma or equivalent, plus mechanical training/aptitude and technical training on packaging and plastics processing and equipment.
Candidates for this position shall have a minimum of 1 to 3 years’ experience operating plastics processing and equipment used in the packaging/plastics industry in order to gain sufficient proficiency of skills to satisfactorily perform the requirements of this position.
Process Technicians are required to interact with managers and employees. Therefore, the following skills are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with managers and employees.
- Basic computer/typing skills for production data entry is essential.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within limitations of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
Machines, Equipment, Tools, Software, and Work Aids
which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position: Extrusion blow mold machines, flame treaters, leak detectors, sleeve machines, case sealer, grinders, various mechanics tools, calipers, gauges, weight scales.
License(s) / Certification(s) Required
May require powered lift truck (fork lift) certification.
Thomas Plastics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.