Production | Reports to Plant Manager
- Full time position with benefits
- Hiring for 1st shift (0800 hrs. to 1600 hrs.)
- TheMaintenance Supervisor is primarily responsible for effective installation and operation of extrusion blow molding plant production equipment, production support equipment, and facilities. These responsibilities are accomplished through prioritization and day-to-day direction of the activities of the plant’s maintenance staff. The Maintenance Supervisor will assist in the financial responsibility of spare parts, tools, and related supplies by directing and controlling on-hand inventory levels, purchasing and standardizing parts, and equipment maintenance repair histories. The Maintenance Supervisor will assist in the coordination/implementation and continuous improvement of the plant’s Preventative Maintenance Program.
The primary duties of a Maintenance Supervisor’s job include:
- Understanding, following and enforcing all established safety, health, GMP/SQF requirements, as well as all established TPI policies, procedures and programs headlined in TPI’s Employee Handbook, Safety & Health Manual, and Food Safety Management System Manual.
- Providing daily written assignments to maintenance team members consistent with prioritized and scheduled equipment repair and maintenance activities as noted in the Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Adjusts daily assignments of assigned personnel as required to respond to maintenance emergencies within the plant.
- Advises Plant Manager on an ongoing basis of the progress and problems being experienced by the Maintenance staff.
- Assists Plant Manager in updating and improving the Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Major trouble shooting that is beyond the scope of maintenance team members; implementing corrective action plans for mechanical and electrical machine deficiencies of all lines.
- Ordering parts, standardizing components, and maintaining parts’ inventories within the Maintenance Department (subject to Plant Manager’s approval).
- Assisting management in the elimination of all plant safety deficiencies identified, and in conducting workplace safety audits to ensure that plant equipment and facilities comply with Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations.
- Maintaining proper records for equipment repair histories, purchased components, and company property assigned to the Maintenance Department.
- Participating in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned.
- Performing other tasks as directed.
Maintenance Supervisor is required to interact with managers, supervisors, and co-workers. Therefore, the following skills and abilities are also essential of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
Physical Job Requirements
- requires the ability to continuously stand; walk; bend/twist; pull; lift; and carry.
- frequently requires the ability to grasp/grip; move in repetitive motions; flex and extend fingers; and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Manufacturing plant environment with machinery and ancillary equipment; elevated noise level; hazardous chemicals.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to near moving mechanical parts.
- Given the elevated noise level occasionally experienced by the employee, ear protection (i.e., earplugs) is provided.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may encounter certain hazardous chemical (e.g., cleaning agents, lubricants, etc.).
Education and Experience
- An Associate Degree/Bachelor’s Degree and/or related maintenance experience; or equivalent combination of education and related maintenance experience is required.
- A minimum two years’ experience in an operations or maintenance supervisory or management role in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated leadership skills strongly preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.